Let's Talk About It..

This is a space for like minded people to share their thoughts and comment on mine. I want to hear from you as I express my opinions on everything from politics to entertainment, from women's issues and concerns to spiritual growth. Come join me on this journey and share this space with me......

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Lake View....Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Election Issue:

I realized my last post was October 21st.  Which means there has been a historic event that has happened since then.  You know, President Barack Obama and VP Joe Biden have been re-elected for a second term. I was so very excited it was probably like how it would feel to win the lottery.  We, Michael and I, had our own Election Night Watch party, which was a blast!  I totally felt like I did my share in helping them get re-elected! 

So if you were paying attention, which I'm sure you were, you know that the "Republican's" spent millions/billions of dollars to buy the election.  And then when that wasn't working, they tried to steal it. Well, needless to say, that didn't work, which shows that the American people know BS when they hear/see BS! Yea, American's. I do have to acknowledge that some on the right, took about a week to really believe that there tactics didn't work. Now though we have work to do.  There definitely needs to be some changes made in the voting processes.  The things States tried to pull to suppress the vote was obscene! I will be doing my part to make some changes.  I hope you will too, especially if you are in Florida and/or Ohio especially.

Another area we need to focus is education. we being the American people.  The President signed a proclamation this week, proclaiming the week of 11/11 -11/17/2012 as American Education week.  During this week we should support our schools, volunteer, etc.  I think this is a great thing, but this was not broadly or widely communicated to the American people.  So how in the world can we support it, it we don't know about it....missed opportunity. So now that you know, get out there and support a public school or a student.  We also need to hold our government accountable to support and do what it needs to do so that our children can be properly educated and we can become competitive Nation again.

My last comment is that just this past week, Gen. David Patreus has resigned as the Director of the CIA, due to an affair. Now at first, I couldn't understand why he would do that because of an affair.  But then I read where having an affair could be breach of National Security because that could put us in a position to be blackmailed. Also in the military courts an affair could be considered grounds for a court martial. So he needed to resign.  This was what President Obama had to deal with when he returned to the White House.

That is all for now.  There is excitement and hope at the Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment