Let's Talk About It..

This is a space for like minded people to share their thoughts and comment on mine. I want to hear from you as I express my opinions on everything from politics to entertainment, from women's issues and concerns to spiritual growth. Come join me on this journey and share this space with me......

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Lake View....Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Well it's a Tuesday and it is at this very moment that I have mixed emotions about everything.  We, my family and I are on the precipice of change.  I'll rewind a bit.  As you know our eldest son will be heading off to college.  We drove to Chicago on Saturday, after we attending David Michael's "graduation" from his summer internship at KFAI radio. Which, by the way, was a really nice ceremony and it was such a pleasure for us to hear how wonderful the folks there think he is.  He also made a connection with the President of the program who is committed to helping him get to Japan. 

So we then went to Chicago, so my family could see him post HS graduation, pre-freshmen year. It was awesome how the family gathered to show their love and support.  We are all so very proud of him and excited for his time in his life.  I hope he keeps in touch with them, heck with us too.  It was really cool to see the next generation of the family, Max, Oscar, Kyley and Kole!

Now that we're back in town, we need to get David Michael all packed and ready to go.  I find myself trying to cram in anything I think I didn't tell him or remind him of.  I can tell he is also racked with mixed emotions of excitement and nervousness.  It dawned on me today as we were out shopping that he could not come back to live here..we will be packing ALL his stuff to take with him.  I am thrilled for this time in his life, but I'm gonna miss him.  Even though he spends most of his time in his room, I know he's there. I haven't cried yet, so I'm wondering when will that happen.  It is all moving so fast.

Well I think that's all for now.  The view from the lake is mixed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment