Let's Talk About It..

This is a space for like minded people to share their thoughts and comment on mine. I want to hear from you as I express my opinions on everything from politics to entertainment, from women's issues and concerns to spiritual growth. Come join me on this journey and share this space with me......

Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Lake View...Sunday, July 1, 2012

It has actually been at least 6 months since I shared with you the view from the lake. Well needless to say the lake has had it's moments.  It's been rocky and it's been calm.

First off,  I have to share my feelings about the most important event that happened thus far this year is David Michael's graduation from High School.  Although this was an expected accomplishment and was going to happen no matter what, it is still a very proud moment for his father and I.  It marks the beginning of his "real" journey to his independence.  I am so excited for him, for this time in his life.  I am also very happy that he is entering this new phase of his life, with no real bagage and quite effortlessly. He is going to attend NDSU for their engineering program  We just visited the campus to complete registration, so he's all set.  Move in day is August 18th & 19th, with classes starting on August 20th.  Now it's a matter of financials and we're all set.  Oh I'm gonna miss him something fierce, but I'm soooooo excited for him.  Yeah David Michael!

My boobear, Maddison celebrated her 15th birthday.  She is growing up to be quite the young lady.  Her summer plans are cheer camp.  I am proud of her in pursuing the thing she likes.  I see her confidence in her abilities, which is great.  That's my girl!!!

But then there has been some heartache at the Lake.  A very dear friend has moved away for a while and I miss him terribly.  He's very busy now so we don't get to talk at all, when we used to talk all the time. I miss his take on things, I miss him making me laugh. I hope to see him, hear him again.  Things are just not the ame without him.

I think that's enough for now.  There is so much to share and talk about so I'll be back.

Until the lake ripples again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment