Let's Talk About It..

This is a space for like minded people to share their thoughts and comment on mine. I want to hear from you as I express my opinions on everything from politics to entertainment, from women's issues and concerns to spiritual growth. Come join me on this journey and share this space with me......

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Lake View...Sunday, July 8, 2012

And here we are again on the brink of a new week at the Lake. 

The past week has been interesting from the Lake point of view.  The biggest highlight was having the 4th of July off, which fell in the middle of the week.  I don't know maybe I'll work 4 10 hour days and take Wednesdays off. Especially during the summer...hmmmm!

As you know the 4th of July is the celebration of the independence of the United States.  Now, I love this country and would not want to live in any other place, however I don't get, nor appreciate the types of political tomfoolery that goes on in this fair land.  What the heck is it to hold the Attorney General in contempt of court???  What is it to contradict the Supreme Court's decision on Health Care plan???  And what is it to restrict Americans from voting???  Are you feeling me???  I think Chris Rock may have something with his tweet.  I don't want to make this a rant on politics but I'm just a bit ti-red!!!!

Something else rippling the Lake is the violence that's going on in Chicago, but across the country, especially in neighborhoods where the neighbors look like me.  Here's what I don't understand, where's the outrage from the neighbors in the community? In order to get something to change you can't keep doing what you've been doing. We need to hold our elected officials, those civil servants that work for us, accountable to supporting the resolution of the problems that plague us.  But we also HAVE TO HOLD OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE to solve our own problems as well. 

I think as parents we go wrong by not teaching our young people respect for themselves, respect for others and respect for property. We need to set goals for our children and make them know that they have to meet them, making good grades and graduating from elementary school and High School. Setting stretch goals of getting BA, Masters and Doctorate degrees.  If you tell a child that's what you expect, that's what they will try to achieve.  And if I kids are being bad actors, we need to hold them accountable.  We should not allow our children to be terrorists.

We need the City Officials to stop the guns from easily flowing into our community.  I believe some how there is some profit/gains there that we don't know about. I'm just saying....We need the city to invest money in our public schools and after school enrichment programs.

We need our Federal Government to make education, reducing/eliminating city violence and our children to be PRIORITY number one.

I think these are just a few ideas from the Lake.  I'm sure there are sharper heads than mine that can come up with and implement greater ideas.  But I think most importantly the people in the neighborhoods need to stand up and DEMAND and TAKE action!

See you at the Lake............

No comments:

Post a Comment