Let's Talk About It..

This is a space for like minded people to share their thoughts and comment on mine. I want to hear from you as I express my opinions on everything from politics to entertainment, from women's issues and concerns to spiritual growth. Come join me on this journey and share this space with me......

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Lake View, Sunday, 12.19.10

It's Sunday today and I didn't go to Church.  My thought was that it's ok because I go to church more often than not.  However as I was doing some reading today, I found some interesting and enlightening information about Christians going to church.

"All Christian people ought to go to church each and every week, unless hindered by sickness, or necessary work or some other necessity."
We are not the purpose of the church --God is.  Going to church should be an act of worship.  Every Sunday belongs to Christ.  If all Christians were to attend church every Sunday, our churches would overflow.  It would be a witness to the community--people who worship their Savior as a matter of love rather than convenience.  The purpose of the church is to hold Christ before the people.   Christ is the heart of the church, and its Lord.  The church exists to bear witness to Christ.  Christ Himself, not the church, is the transforming power in people's lives.  The mission of the church is to exalt Christ, so that He Himself may do His own blessed work in the hearts of people.

All too often individuals use the church as a spiritual filling station.  We run on empty all week and then expect the church to make up for what we do not do--spend time during the week reading and reflecting on God's Word.  The church cannot, in one or two hours, fill the void that we create by neglecting the Word of God.

So come to church prepared.  Read your Bible before hand.  You will be blessed, and Christ will be exalted.

So guess what I'll be doing more consistently this week and where I will be on Sunday?  Ha-leigh-lu-yer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment