Let's Talk About It..

This is a space for like minded people to share their thoughts and comment on mine. I want to hear from you as I express my opinions on everything from politics to entertainment, from women's issues and concerns to spiritual growth. Come join me on this journey and share this space with me......

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Lake View, Sunday, 12.26.10

Tis the season to be grateful for our Lord and Savior.  Today is the day after, as Kevin Hart would say, baby Jesus' birthday and what we call Christmas; and I think about how blessed I have been over the year. 

I made it here to celebrate and was blessed to be able to provide a nice Christmas for my children. I give all honor, thanks and glory to God.  I know of those that didn't make it to today.  Those people didn't start this year, 2010, thinking that they wouldn't be here for Christmas, but they were called.  What that says to me and I'm sure everyone else, is that we have to cherish each moment, be grateful for each breath, appreciate those that love and care about you and always give your very best in all you do and say...because tomorrow is not promised.

I know folks have said that for years, but this year it seems to have resonated with me so much more.  Does that mean that I'm am getting to the age where I recognize my own mortality?  I suppose that's part of the "wisdom" that comes with age, that you realize this could all be gone in a snap, so be appreciative. 

I am also reflective and taking stock of the changes in my relationships.  Many of my relationships have changed and I have to think that they are changing because the season for that relationship is over.  A friend and I were talking about the difficult relationships that we have and why do we have these?  One of the ideas we came up with is that perhaps instead of us learning something from these relationships, maybe we are in this relationship to teach.  What do you think?  If this is true, then I need to hone my teaching skills, 'cause some of these folks are on the short bus....lmao!

So those are my reflections today.  Please share your thoughts at the Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment